Us, our ethos and our commitment
At Kaani Kaana we are seeking for a new Chef to join our team and become a part of our growing family for our new takeaway in Chelmsford, Essex.
We are looking to mould someone into the Head Chef of the brand and a figure head for the rest of the Chefs within our company.
Job description and requirements
You will be expected to have advanced knowledge on cooking techniques, leadership skills, ability to remain calm and undertake various tasks. Excellent time management abilities. Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes.
You love to cook and learn new skills; you enjoy the buzz of working in a busy kitchen environment, passionate and committed to delivering amazing customer service every time.
Your goal is to deliver first-class quality food; determined to exceed expectations and uphold the highest standards every day.
You want to work as part of a close team, ensure you are a master of your section and deliver a consistent approach. As head chef you will need to be creative, innovative and lead the way for other team members to follow.
You want to be part of a company that can help you thrive and grow, but above all, enable you to achieve what’s important to you and your happiness. A work/life balance is integral to achieving your goals within the business and outside.
This is what the job will involve:
- Chef must meet a high standard of professionalism and structure
- You must be able to prepare high-quality dishes whilst being creative and innovative
- You should be able to delegate tasks to kitchen staff to ensure meals are prepared in a timely manner
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area
- If you have experience with advanced cooking techniques and non-traditional ingredients, we’d love to discuss this further!
- You should be striving to pre plan and stay one step ahead to avoid any mishaps
- Set up the kitchen with cooking and equipment.
- Study each recipe and gather all necessary ingredients.
- Monitor food stock and place orders also check freshness of food
- You must be able to speak English and be able to articulate yourself to the rest of the team.
- Be able to do basic interviews for social media/marketing purposes and be socially confident (not a must)
- Lead a team effectively and have a passion to train and develop them along the way.
- Chef will get the chance to incorporate their creative and innovative ideas in to our first cookbook
We have some of the very best benefits in the industry, which include:
- You’ll be provided with comprehensive training and Industry-leading pay. You’ll receive annual pay reviews whilst you’re developing into a highly skilled chef.
- We plan to have a Eid and Christmas party each year (think: music, food, drink and entertainment and you can also invite two members of your family to enjoy, all on us)
- Wholesome team meals and bottomless drinks when on shift.
- 30% food discount for all employees and 20% for family and friends
- Free Health Plan Membership – dental, optical, Health & Wellbeing, Specialist Consultation etc.
- Internal development programmes to support your career development
- And much more!
Why working for us is more than working for anyone else e.g. charity, morals and progression
It’s really important to us that we give something back to the communities we serve. Every year we will commit to help and support local charities in Chelmsford through our campaigns and events. We will also support charities in Bangladesh and India, in the hope to feed 25000 malnourished children every year. Our green procurement and eco-friendly policy help us to reduce carbon footprint. We use 100% recyclable and biodegradable packaging and 50% of our current delivery vehicles are fully electric and aim to go 100% electric by 2025. As a part of our team, you would have contributed towards this to gain more from being a part of our Kaani Kaana family.
Committed to our people:
We want to be a company that has exceptional strong focus on recruiting and sustaining a talented and diverse pool of extraordinary people.
Our People Charter will lay the foundation for a vibrant and happy culture and we want to create a long-term working environment that invite all to call us home.
Our commitment to our employees is one of the company’s key missions and we will be constantly looking to offer the best possible working conditions. The industry currently has a bad reputation for this but We believe that being a responsible company means tackling a series of challenges: training employees, helping them advance in their careers, giving them a fair salary that motivates them, looking out for their wellbeing at work, and combining operational excellence with personal development and change people’s mind.
Kaani Kaana are an equal opportunities employer. Applications from all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged.
You will need to have and present the correct right to work documents for working in the UK to be employed.
*All applicants must be over the age of 18.