Kaani Kaana are looking to hire an experienced and pro-active Kitchen Assistant/ Cook to assist in leading our kitchen operation at our beautiful Takeaway in Chelmsford, Essex.
This is an excellent time to join Kaani Kaana as this is our first, we are ambitious with our growth targets and hope to expand quickly, we offer a truly unique opportunity and a potentially fast paced and exciting career. No previous experience is needed and right from the start, we’ll give you full training and great support.
Upon starting, you will report to and be guided and supported by our Executive Chef who will ensure you have the right tools and resources to deliver high quality food and service every time.
You will be passionate, energetic and professional, ambitious and be willing to go above and beyond to ensure our customers receive outstanding, consistent customer care and quality food.
You will deliver excellent customer service and food hygiene standards. You must be an individual that understands how to develop our community values and can consistently deliver a high-quality food and drink.
Duties will include:
- Ensuring that all menu items are prepared and presented according to established recipes and standards.
- Work with the with the team to deliver efficient and high-quality service, guiding your fellow team members to achieve high standards of operation.
- Develop menu design and concepts
- Maintain procedures to ensure the security and correct storage of food products, inventory, and equipment. Replenish supplies in a timely manner and minimise waste.
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment and storerooms are in proper operational condition and are cleaned on a regular basis.
- Comply with required standards whilst ensuring business is maintained and improved in line with company set budgets.
- Adhere to governmental regulations as well as brand standards and company policies and procedures.
- Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
- We have some of the very best benefits in the industry, which include:
- You’ll be provided with comprehensive training and Industry-leading pay. You’ll receive annual pay reviews whilst you’re developing into a highly skilled chef.
- We plan to have a Eid and Christmas party each year (think: music, food, drink and entertainment and you can also invite two members of your family to enjoy, all on us)
- Wholesome team meals and bottomless drinks when on shift.
- 30% food discount for all employees and 20% for family and friends
- Free Health Plan Membership – dental, optical, Health & Wellbeing, Specialist Consultation etc.
- Internal development programmes to support your career development
- And much more!
Why working for us is more than working for anyone else e.g. charity, morals and progression
It’s really important to us that we give something back to the communities we serve. Every year we will commit to help and support local charities in Chelmsford through our campaigns and events. We will also support charities in Bangladesh and India, in the hope to feed 25000 malnourished children every year. Our green procurement and eco-friendly policy help us to reduce carbon footprint. We use 100% recyclable and biodegradable packaging and 50% of our current delivery vehicles are fully electric and aim to go 100% electric by 2025. As a part of our team, you would have contributed towards this to gain more from being a part of our Kaani Kaana family.
Committed to our people:
We want to be a company that has exceptional strong focus on recruiting and sustaining a talented and diverse pool of extraordinary people.
Our People Charter will lay the foundation for a vibrant and happy culture and we want to create a long-term working environment that invite all to call us home.
Our commitment to our employees is one of the company’s key missions and we will be constantly looking to offer the best possible working conditions. The industry currently has a bad reputation for this but We believe that being a responsible company means tackling a series of challenges: training employees, helping them advance in their careers, giving them a fair salary that motivates them, looking out for their wellbeing at work, and combining operational excellence with personal development and change people’s mind.
Kaani Kaana are an equal opportunities employer. Applications from all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged.
*All applicants must be over the age of 18.